The first time I tasted these biscuits was about a year ago. My cousin Lia made them and I couldn't believe that they were made from Earl Grey Tea. These cookies have a fresh and zesty flavour. Even though you use a lot of butter it is actually very light.
Earl Grey Cookies
2 Cups all purpose flour
2 tablespoons of Earl Grey Tea (approx 4 tea bags)
1/2 teaspoon of coarse salt
250 grams of unsalted butter
1/2 cup of confectioners sugar
1 tablespoon of orange or lemon zest
1. With a wooden spoon mix flour, tea and salt in a bowl
2. Put butter, sugar and orange or lemon zest in another bowl. Mix until pale.
3. Reduce mixer speed and gradually add dry ingredients.
4. Divide mixture in half. Shape into logs and wrap in parchment paper.
5. Put logs in the freezer for about 10 minutes.
6. Pre Heat oven at 180c.
7. Take the logs out of the freezer and slice into thin 1/3 inch thick pieces.
8. Bake until the edges are just starting to go brown.
You can make melting moments from these biscuits too. I just made some butter cream frosting and sandwiched two biscuits with a teaspoon full of icing.
Dont Forget to Enter The Cupcake Courier Giveaway. Just click the banner on the right and leave a comment with your favourite Cupcake Recipe.....