At work we have a bake club where someone brings in a sweet or savoury treat for people to eat. I first tasted this slice when Katrina made it for her bake club day. It was so delicious, big chunks of apple and a sweet and buttery base. We all had seconds. When she shared the recipe with me, I couldn’t believe how simple it was to make. It was called an Apple & Cinnamon Slice.
If you want a simple dessert to impress this is it. It is really easy to make and not to mention really delicious.
Apple & Cinnamon Slice
1 packet golden buttercake mix
1 cup desiccated coconut
125g of melted butter
400g can apple pieces (I used the select brand from Woolies, you can stew your own apples if you wish)
300g sour cream
cinnamon sugar to sprinkle on top
1. Preheat the oven to 180°C
2. Grease a lamington pan. Line base with some grease proof paper
3. Combine cake mix, coconut and butter in a medium bowl.
4. Press the mixture into the lined pan.5. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until slightly brown. Let it cool for a few minutes.
6. Spread apples evenly over the base (I sliced the apples to make it even), then spread sour cream over the apples and sprinkle with cinnamon sugar.
7. Bake for a further 10 to 15 minutes until the sour cream is set.
Once cooled, slice into squares.
I know it isn’t exactly a recipe from scratch but it taste really good. So don’t knock it till you try it. :o)