My cousin Rachel made a suggestion for me to make Food For The Gods. Food for the Gods is basically a Date and Walnut slice. It's rich like fruit cake and incredibly sweet. From what I have heard, they call it Food For The Gods because of the ingredients used. Dates and Walnuts can be very expensive in the Philippines.
1 cup dates, sliced into small pieces
1 cup walnuts (chopped)
1/2 cup of Brazil nuts (chopped)
1/3 cup butter
2 tablespoons molasses
1/4 cup brown sugar
4 tablespoons honey
1 cup plain flour
1/2 teaspoon cinnamon
2. Put some parchment paper down on a lamington tray. Making sure that the bottom and the sides are lined.
3. Combine chopped dates and the nuts and set aside
5. Add molasses and honey until it is well combined.
6. Add the eggs one at a time and continue beating.
7. Sift together flour, cinnamon and baking powder and add it to the creamed mixture.
8. Fold in dates and nuts and mix with a spatula. Try and knock as much air as possible from the mixture as this slice is suppose to be dense.