Mel from work introduced me to this gorgeous cake, when it was her turn for bake day. Bake Day has become a bit a tradition at work. Every Wednesday, someone makes a sweet or savoury treat for everyone in bake club. This cake was a hit. It’s a moist and delicious cake that brings back those summer months. So here is the recipe for Pineapple and Coconut Slice.
185 grams butter
¾ cup (185g) caster sugar
2/3 cup (50g) desiccated coconut
1¾ cups (260g) self-raising flour
270ml can coconut cream
440 grams crushed pineapple (well drained)
1/3 cup (25g) shredded coconut
1. Preheat the over to 180C (160C fan-forced). Grease a 22cm x 32cm rectangular cake pan: line base and sides with baking paper, extending paper 5cm over edges.
2. Beat butter and sugar in a small bowl until light and fluffy. Beat in eggs one at a time. Transfer the mixture into a large bowl.
3. Stir in coconut, sifted flour, coconut cream and pineapple in two batches.
4. Spread the mixture into the pan and bake for 45 minutes or until a skewer comes out clean.
Lime Glace Icing
1½ cups (240g) icing sugar
20 grams butter (melted)
2 tablespoons lime juice (approximately)
1. Sift icing sugar into a small heat proof bowl, stir in butter and enough lime juice to make a soft paste.
2. Stir over small saucepan of simmering water until the icing is spreadable.
3. Spread icing over the cake and sprinkle with coconut.
This is fantastic treat for coconut and pineapple lovers alike. This post is dedicated to my friend Hayley. She is a big fan of pineapples. She even had a pineapple plant named Pineapple Pete. Herms thanks for being such a wonderful and supportive friend. You always know how to cheer me up. You are truly one of a kind..